Sagas of the Wild West was inspired by a love of the classic television family western series such as The Big Valley, Laramie, Have Gun – Will Travel, and Bonanza, as well as many others. It is preferred that the characters are representative of these iconic heroes and heroines, created to fit the roleplaying story’s timelines and themes.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. No Text Speech Allowed in Posts!
- A working computer or tablet and internet access (writing is done online).
- Basic computer knowledge and technical skills. You need to be able to navigate the internet to research posts, history, and story ideas, etc.
- Basic knowledge of the American Old West (c. 1800s) or the ability and willingness to research it using the internet, books, periodicals, etc.
- See our Wiki Index for articles relating to our Nova based game website.
The stories start in 1875, ten years after the end of the Civil War. The primary location is the Territory of Montana, in and around a fictionalized version of the town of Kalispell and Lost Lake Ranch just north of the town. Some of the stories will take place in other areas of the United States and, possibly, other countries.
We will adhere to a cinematic version of the Old West. Every effort will be made to not alter actual major historical events or the people associated with them. In some instances, creative license will be taken with dates of events as needed to fit our game’s reality such as adding a railroad line where none existed in 1875.
You will still be expected to do some research for your characters and posts.
The plots of stories will range from action and adventure, morality tales, romance and character development stories. All game rules apply regarding language, sexual situations, and overall content. Keep it clean!
Rules and Rating
Ignorance is not bliss! It is also not an excuse for not following the site’s rules and guidelines. Before contacting us or asking to create a character, you should Read the Rules!
Sagas is rated based on the RPG Rating System. This is a voluntary rating based on the standards created by the RPG Rating site.
- Language: Infrequent, mild swearing is permitted.
- Sex: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
- Violence: Mild violence is permitted.
If you are interested in joining the sim, fill out and submit our Contact Form.