Zero Tolerance Policy
Assume that all game rules come with a zero tolerance policy. If the below rules and guidelines are not followed, Players will be blocked from posting until all issues are resolved or they are permanently removed from the game. The best way to avoid all contention is by communicating with one another.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English. No Text Speech Allowed in Posts!
- A working computer or tablet and internet access (writing is done online).
- Basic computer knowledge and technical skills (need to be able to navigate the internet to research posts, history, story ideas.)
- Basic knowledge of the American Old West (c. 1800s) or the ability and willingness to research it using the internet.
Sagas of the Wild West is an online storytelling roleplaying group. Each member of the group creates and writes exclusively for one or more characters.
The game’s website is powered by the Nova Game Management System from Anodyne Productions. While saved and published posts will be emailed to you for reading, you must have an account at the game’s website to participate in writing the stories. Nova is a basic system and is user friendly, but you must have basic computing skills!
Age Requirement (18+)
You must be at least eighteen years of age in order to join this group.
Sagas of the Wild West carries a voluntary rating of:
Posts may contain one or more of the following…
- Language: Infrequent, mild swearing is permitted.
- Sex: Mild sexual innuendo and references permitted.
- Violence: Mild violence is permitted.
Do not write for someone else’s character! If you must move the character to free up a stalled scene, please write the very minimum required to do so. Do not add words, thoughts, or emotions for characters that are not yours.
We do not require that all characters get along with one another one-hundred percent of the time. We do, however, have a zero tolerance policy regarding using the RPG to badger or air grievances with other members via in-game writing. Therefore, please communicate any and all planned character contention to the group. You do not have to air the details, but you must have talked to the Player(s) of the other character(s) and made sure you are both in agreement.
All disagreements and issues will be handled behind-the-scenes (BTS). Anything else is an immediate dismissal.
You are required to write two posts per month if not participating in a current story, side story, or flashback joint post scene.
After 90 days, if there is not an ELOA posted, account will be deactivated.
- Preferred: Answer tags within 48 hours of receipt.
- Required: Answer all tags once per week (3 tags = 3 posts).
The only option to avoid losing tags or having your characters written out of the game story is to post an LOA or ELOA.
Please be courteous and notify GM of prolonged absences!
Nova offers a feature to quickly and easily report a leave of absence or extended leave of absence.
- Leave of Absence (LOA) = More than 2 consecutive weeks, less than 1 month.
- Extended Leave of Absence (ELOA) = 1 month or longer.
- Posting Slowdown = Unable to respond to tags per the requirements above. Post Slowdowns should be posted at the OOC Group. Make the topic heading specific (Example: Posting Slowdown: Stormwolfe).
- Posting Restrictions: If you have an ongoing restriction or schedule on when you’re able to post and respond to tags, please post that at the OOC Group. Make the topic heading specific (Example: Posting Schedule: Stormwolfe).
The LOA Request Form
Please go to the dashboard in your ACP (Admin Control Panel) and click on Request LOA in the Dashboard – or – scroll down the menu on the ACP to Request LOA. Fill out the form as follows:
- Choose Status: LOA or ELOA from the dropdown.
- Duration: List to and from dates and how long (Example: 06/15/2017 – 06/22/2017, 1 week).
- Reason: We don’t need your personal details or life story. You may list anything from Writer’s Block to Vacation.
- Click Submit