The real Whitefish, Montana was not established until 1904. Its development was sparked by the completion of the Great Northern Railroad.
Rather than wedging in another completely mythological town, we are going to establish Whitefish as part of the Sagas of the Wild West canon.
Like Kalispell to the south, Whitefish was first established as a trading fort and settlement for loggers, trappers and fur traders. After a goldstrike nearby, it grew to be a boomtown. Unlike its neighbor, it has continued to be quite lawless and wild. This reputation is not helped by the fact that the Steelgrave
family owns the majority of the town.
Whitefish is located at 48°14′42″N 114°20′24″W (48.411772, -114.339865), at an altitude of 3,028 feet (923 m). The town is located on the western side of the continental divide, near what is now Glacier National Park.
According to the platte registered with the territory of Montana, the town has a total area of 3 square miles.